In-Scope for this GSoC
I plan to deliver the following packages:
Important features / components:
- RoundTripService (very basic)
- TemplateBuilder ties into the Fluid parser
- MigrationService (very basic)
- Backend Package Manipulation
- Copy boilerplate package contents into a Deriative package
- Boilerplate Configuration in YAML
- Options layer that allows for multiple "presets" (like in TYPO3.Form). In the context of the TemplateBuilder, those "presets" should be exposed in the UI as a "theme" layer of options.
- File manipulation indicators (a way to say that you inserted a fluid widget at a particular point in a template. These will be stored in the YAML files as Eel/FlowQuery because XPath only works for XML, and we will work with more than XML)
- Fluidify SourceTemplates in TemplateBuilder (the backend for something like TemplaVoila)
Note: These are the names I prefer right now, though they've gone through several iterations. If these are not clear, please let me know. TYPO3.BuilderAbstract used to be called TYPO3.Boilerplate. TYPO3.TemplateBuilder used to be called TYPO3.FluidBuilder. SourceTemplates used to be called RawTemplates, NakedTemplates, or NakedBoilerplates.
Out-of-Scope for this GSOC
I will not have time to work much, if at all, on these:
- Anything that works with TypoScript
- Much of the UI (may be partially working thanks to TYPO3.Ice - but that's not my focus)
- Including the TemplaVoila-like UI to select the various parts of a SourceTemplate file
Producing a Derivative Package
I produced these images in yED. I can provide the original .graphml files if requested.